Letchworth Golf Club
I was invited to design the boundary behind hole no.1 at Letchworth Golf Club which was both a challenge and a delight. Being asked to transform an otherwise dark overgrown boundary meant it was time for big change. Thinking about bringing light to the area and also making sure that the transformation could be seen from a distance. My time was spent doing tree research and thinking about the effect I was aiming to achieve. After careful consideration I selected two varieties of Acer and alternated them to enhance the ‘wow factor’. These beautiful trees were supplied by Barcham Trees who gave plenty of good advice about the planting and after care.
My thanks go to Brigitte Fiedler De Amparan for drawing the boundary trees in my planting design.
- Acer platanoides ‘Drummondii’
- Acer platanoides ‘Princeton Gold’
- Betula utilis Jacquemontii
Perennial dogwoods and grasses:
- Cornus alba ‘Baton Rouge’
- Cornus sanguinea ‘Magic Flame’
- Cornus stolonifera Flaviramea
- Miscanthus sinensis ‘Klein Fontaine’